Thursday, April 9, 2009

Read All About It!

It's about time that I updated ya'll on my life. It's going great bytheway.
I have my second interview to join LDSSA (Orem Institute of Religion Student Council) for next year. It's with my Stake President. At this point, I kinda wish I was back to the Grovecreek 3rd Ward. A meeting with President Atkinson doesn't sound as scary as an interview with the President of my new ward. I don't even know his name. President Atkinson has known me for years though. I am really hoping to make student council. It would be a great experience and I know that I would make a ton of new friends.
I still haven't heard back from EFY. I am not planning on being a counselor there at all. I've pretty much ruled it out. Wouldn't it be hilarious if I made it?
I have had a cough for two weeks. I also picked up my roommates cold on top of that. Ugh.. It's been fun. Coughing so hard, that you have to sneeze; sneezing so hard that you have to laugh; and laughing so hard that you have to cough. It's a never ending circle! I just hope that it calms down by Sunday.
I am singing "I Stand All Amazed" on Sunday for the Easter Program. It's the one that my sisters all know. The one we sang at both Nikki's and David's baptism. It's a beautiful arrangement. I'm soo glad that my Mom was able to find the arrangement. The ward choir is also singing two numbers and I will be leading the choir for those two pieces. Beautiful Savior and Come Unto Christ (both can be found online for free at www.defordmusic.com).
General Conference this last week was amazing. I learned a lot. As President Thomas S. Monson said:
"May we long remember that which we have heard during this conference. . . . I urge you to study the messages and to ponder their teachings and then to apply them in your life." What a great man and Prophet of God!
To all those that read to the end of this post. Thanks! I love you all! Life is such a wonderful gift. Live everyday with no regrets. That is my new goal. I've come to realize that mistakes are made, trails occur, but that is the journey of life. Simply enjoy it.

4 comments:

Heidi Hillman said...

I totally agree with you, Linz! We need to make the best of what we have and enjoy where we are rather than wishing to be someplace else. As we say with Ellie: "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!"

Kristi said...

Michael Mclean has a song and one of the main lines is "This day is one of those." Sometimes we have days filled with sweetness and joy and other days are a little harder filled with not so much sweetness, but everyday Heavenly Father loves us more than we can know. I've tried really hard to remember that which is harder on the not so sweet days, but it helps. I love you Linz and one thing I've learned is that all Stake Presidents are kind and caring and once you start talking not scary at all.

frizzles16 said...

You're right, enjoy it girl!! Like the quote on my blog from Pres Hinckley, "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." :D I love ya!!

Ryan said...

Wow, I wouldn't have known you had a cold. Your song was wonderful!