Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Beautiful Day

So, there was this one time that I thought to myself. Hmm... I should check my email before I go to bed. I read through an email with a Professor. I check out the comments made on my facebook status, and then I see that efyhiring sent me an email.... dun. dun. dun.
Slowly, very uncertainly, I clicked on the email. Didn't know email could be this intense did ya? Slowly reading left to right because that's the way we do it in English. I wouldn't know how to read English any other way I read:
" Hello Lindsay Kindlespire, <----That's my name

Thank you for applying to work for EFY this summer. Your application has been processed, and we are interested in hiring you."

Haha! They are interested in hiring me... That's all I know. I just have to fill out some paperwork and then they tell me for how long they want to hire me. Sorry to build it up so much, but Hey! Look on the bright side! I am going to be an EFY Counselor!

Ok... Ready for another??
It is approaching approximately 6:27 PM. I am sitting at my desk at work, anxiously logging out of the phone and staring at my cell phone every few seconds. My adorable pink phone rings once. I do not recognize the number. I answer it nonetheless. "Hello?" I say nervously. "Hi Lindsay. This is Britney with ILP. Would you be able to pay a lot of money to us so you can live outside the country again for only a few weeks?" Okay, fine. She didn't quite say that. "Hi Lindsay. This is Britney with ILP. We are looking for ILP Alumni to help with the summer camp. Would you be available?" Disappointed that this was not the call I was expecting I told Britney with ILP that I have a full summer planned.
I clocked back into work, impatiently waiting. My work phone rings.
"Billing Department. This is Lindsay. May I have your main domain name?"
"Yadda-yadda-blah-blah-blah."
"I'm sorry sir. Can you repeat that?" I reply, glancing at my cell phone.
It rings. This time, I recognize the number. Jenessa Simmons was calling.
"Okay, let me transfer you to Tech Support." Luckily, thats really where he needed to go.
"Nessa! Read it! Read it!"
"Dear Sister Simmons, You have been called by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to serve in the Greece Athens mission!"
The best girl-friend that anyone on this earth has ever been blessed to have will be leaving for her mission on August 19, 2009. Love ya Nessa!

WARNING: ABRUPT CHANGE OF SUBJECT.

I will officially be a member of the Institute Council on Saturday. I have a meeting from 8am to 1pm. Phew! It'll be so much fun though.

On top of all this... My Professor let me turn in my paper late. How awesome is that?? Woo! I'm feeling good.

*P.S. Please note that I decided to get my Associates Degree in English. I really really enjoy writing if you cannot tell by my blog entry.

4 comments:

frizzles16 said...

Hooray for fabulous days!!!! Congrats on everything!!

Heidi Hillman said...

I'm so happy for you, Linz!

And for Janessa, too. I want to go to Greece!

Anonymous said...

Girl! That's awesome!!!

Katie said...

congrats lindsay!!!!! :)