Monday, January 18, 2010

Best Compliment

I had such a great day this last Friday. It was absolutely incredible! Let me extrapolate:
I woke up on time, which is always a good way to start the day. Class was great and what not. I understood Math, which also added to my happiness level.
Then I went to institute and got a pretty good seat for the devotional. We had a guest speaker... Elder L. Tom Perry! I got to wear an earpiece to make sure the recording was going well. With my awesome white trench-ish coat, I looked like Security and felt awesome. After a very spiritual devotional, I went to a luncheon with my Institute Council pals and Elder Perry. We had Lionhouse rolls, and Chicken Cordon Bleu (hmmmm) and the biggest eclair I have ever seen in my life. It was delicious!
Elder Perry then said a few words to the council, including one of the best compliments I have ever received. While speaking about enrollment, he turned to me and said, "Look at this beautiful sister. No one can say no to her!" I blushed and smiled. He then said, "Look at that smile. No one can resist you." I was so touched!
An Apostle of the Lord thinks that I am a catch! I didn't get to shake his hand, but I did receive a wonderful compliment, and needed lesson too that I would take any day. :D

3 comments:

Heidi Hillman said...

You ARE a catch! How fun to hear it from Elder Perry! Love you!

frizzles16 said...

So great!! P.S. I love your new blog background, it's suuuuuuuuuuper cute!!

Kristi said...

Wow. I love Elder Perry! I can picture his voice and smile as he said that to you. He's right about you, too! Don't forget it!